Easter holidays @ Life Science Centre
@ Life Science CentreBook Now
06 April 2019 - 23 April 2019
Whether you prefer a Mars or a Milky Way, Life Science Centre is a feast for the whole Galaxy this Easter and children go free* until 6 May 2019!
- It wouldn’t be Easter without chocolate, so enjoy a scrumptious scientific chocolate demonstration that puts your senses to the test!
- Join us for the Big Drop Challenge: you will have a few minutes and an array of materials to create a contraption that will be dropped from a great height. Will it float, spin, tumble or fly?
- Take part in an Easter trail around the science centre to collect a sweet prize.
- Come rain or shine, create your own sun catcher in the Making Space to take home.
- Explore day and night in the planetarium with two shows: learn about our closest star, the Sun, in a special Live Skies show, which takes place everyday during Easter at 4.00pm, or discover secrets about the brightest object in the night sky with the show Moonstruck, which runs throughout the day. Younger visitors can also find out how robotic explorers are going where no human has gone before in the planetarium show, Space Robots.
- April is Global Astronomy Month, so explore the lunar surface on the internationally-acclaimed artwork Museum of the Moon. (There’s a lot to explore on this seven-metre-wide masterpiece!)
- Swoop and fly through an unforgiving desert terrain in the ultimate jet-powered race in the brand new 4D Motion Ride**, Ravine Race.
- Enjoy sci-fi geekery galore with the Alien Invasion exhibition, which features 39 original and replica props from film and TV shows.
- Our live Science Theatre show Kitchen Science explores some weird and wonderful experiments that you can do at home.
Life Science Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
whatsonnortheast.com11:31, 23 JunBased on the classic children’s book series by David McKee, Elmer the Patchwork Elephant Show, is a celebration of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…