Friday Night Life – Alternative Night Out for Adults
@ Life Science CentreBook Now
28 October 2016
7pm - 10.30pm
£8.00, £10 on the door, 20% discount for Life Annual Pass holders.
Sick of the sofa? Tired of the pub? Explore Life Science Centre after hours and do things that you can’t do anywhere else.
Friday Night Life is for adults who fancy something quirky and different. Learn stuff, be inspired, have fun, meet old friends and make new ones.
Although every Friday Night Life is slightly different, there are some things you can expect every time: a unique show in the planetarium (one of the most intimate and amazing spaces in the region) and at least one other activity you wouldn’t get to experience anywhere else – guaranteed! This could be a workshop, a talk or show or a chance to do an experiment. Have a drink at the bar and enjoy the music.
Limited capacity – early booking advised.
SPECIAL ADDITION to the programme: ANIMAL INSIDE OUT, a Gunther von Hagens’ BODY WORLDS production, is included in this event.
What you can enjoy on 28 October:
- Arachnaphobia (fear of spiders) is one of the most common phobias in the UK. But why? And even if you can happily pet a tarantula – what about snakes – or scorpions? Jay Gunn brings all of these animals and a few extra friends – to help us confront our darkest fears.
- Fan of horror films? Even the most seasoned of terror fans won’t have experienced this: horror shorts in the amazing planetarium. Don’t be afraid of the dark…
- Don a lab coat and release your inner scientist in the Experiment Zone.
- Experiment on yourself and others in the Brain Zone.
- Paid bar and DJ.
- Get under nature’s skin with the unforgettable ANIMAL INSIDE OUT, featuring real animals preserved through plastination.
Part of the Brain Zone series of events and activities devised to celebrate the opening of the new Brain Zone at Life Science Centre. The Brain Zone is supported by the Wellcome Trust.
Life Science Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear