14-01-2012 - 14-04-2012
Free Guided Tours
Free guided tours of the building take place at 11.15am every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Book in advance by calling 0845 217 9909 or get your ticket at the Box Office on the day. For more information follow the link below
The Tyneside Cinema is a unique and historic building that’s well worth seeing first-hand. You can either wander round by yourself or with one of our expert tour guides. All tours are free.
You’ll be able to:
· Look around the Cinema’s original Classic screen
· Watch an original newsreel
· See the permanent exhibition which brings the building’s past and newsreel history to life. You’ll hear the stories of the people who made the news and find out more about what newsreels meant to local people. You’ll even get the chance to experience the thrill of making a projector whirr into life yourself.
· Have a look at the restored original art deco features of this beautiful cinema in all their glory.
· Take a peek behind the scenes of the Tyneside Cinema (guided tours only).