Japanese Culture Day
@ Life Science CentreBook Now
26 November 2016
Included in Science Centre admission
Presented by the Japan Foundation and TFF (Tuning for the Future), Life is hosting a special day where you can explore Japanese culture. Try speaking the language, have a go at Japanese magic tricks or make a moss ball planter.
What you can enjoy:
- 11.00am – Play and Toy Talk – Hisakazu Hirabayashi, game analyst will explain the characteristics of Japanese toys and games including card games, ‘Role Play Games’ (RPG) and even the famous Pokémon.
- 11.30am – Let’s play Hanafuda (Japanese Playing Cards) with Nobuaki Takerube – playing cards were first introduced to Japan by the Portuguese almost 500 years ago. Since then, Japanese playing cards have been in a state of constant evolution and designers continue to innovate in a number of ways. In this workshop, participants can learn how to play Hanafuda, a Japanese traditional card game that has clear ties with contemporary card games such as Pokémon.
- 11.30am – 1.30pm – Moss balls – make a living planter the traditional Japanese way. Places are very limited and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- 12.00 noon – 3.30pm – Japanese Language Taster – drop in and try your hand at learning some basic Japanese and see if you have an aptitude for the language.
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm – Tezuma Traditional Magic Show and Workshop – watch a performance by Taiju Fujiyama, a master of Japanese magic, then take part in a workshop where you can learn how to do some of the tricks yourself.
Life Science Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
whatsonnortheast.com16:53, 23 JunNational Youth Dance Company has established a reputation for producing high quality performances with a range of d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…