Friday Night Life – Alternative Night Out for Adults
@ Life Science CentreBook Now
27 January 2017
7:00 pm - 10:30 pm
£8.00 per person. On the door: £10 per person. 20% discount for Annual Pass holders.
Sick of the sofa? Tired of the pub? Explore Life Science Centre after hours and do things that you can’t do anywhere else.
Friday Night Life is for adults who fancy something quirky and different. Learn stuff, be inspired, have fun, meet old friends and make new ones.
Although every Friday Night Life is slightly different, there are some things you can expect every time: a unique show in the planetarium (one of the most intimate and amazing spaces in the region) and at least one other activity you wouldn’t get to experience anywhere else – guaranteed! This could be a workshop, a talk or show or a chance to do an experiment. Have a drink at the bar and enjoy the music. There’s also the option to pre-book dinner for the night – see below for details.
Limited capacity – early booking advised.
What you can enjoy on 27 January:
- Life’s planetarium could just be the most fitting venue ever to enjoy Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. A unique immersive audio-visual interpretation of one of the best albums ever. What’s not to like?
- How does nutrition affect the brain? Can food be smart and super? Nutritionist Carole Marshall, from Northumbria University, explores the link between what you eat and how you feel in ‘Good Food, Good Mood’.
- Speaking of good food – pre-book your dinner. See below for details.
- Don a lab coat and release your inner scientist in the Experiment Zone.
- Experiment on yourself and others in the Brain Zone.
- Paid bar and DJ.
- Get creative with some maker activities.
- Explore exhibitions including Brick History – a journey into over 50 of the most pivotal moments in world history – recreated in LEGO® bricks.
PRE-BOOK your dinner along with your admission ticket for just £13.00 per person. Enjoy a home cooked Burns night special: haggis, neeps and tatties with whisky sauce splash (vegetarian haggis available), served in our new Life Café. Dinner will be available from 7.00pm – 8.00pm. This is an online offer only. Please let us know if you would like the vegetarian option in the Additional Requirements box when booking your tickets.
Part of the Brain Zone series of events and activities devised to celebrate the opening of the Brain Zone at Life Science Centre. The Brain Zone is supported by the Wellcome Trust.
Life Science Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
whatsonnortheast.com17:00, 10 JanShipley Art Gallery hosts First Saturdays! An opportunity for creative people to get together, network and find out… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
whatsonnortheast.com19:00, 09 Janthe Laing Art Gallery presents Newcastle in Watercolour. Look into the past and see Newcastle's beautiful heritage.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…