Studio Photography Workshop
@ Gala Theatre and CinemaBook Now
15 October 2018
Suitable for beginners and experienced photographers.
To coincide with the exhibition Claude Cahun: Beneath The Mask (8 September – 11 November), professional photographer Kev Howard will be exploring working with studio techniques of lighting and stylised imagery, looking to the exhibition for examples of theatrical and experimental photographic techniques.
Working with a full studio rig with different attachments such as snoot, brolly’s, soft box and reflector, the workshop will concentrate on:
- lighting styles
- poses and how to put the sitter at ease
- use of props
- use of movement (with and without studio flash)
- how to force different perspectives and angles to photograph at
- use of wide angle lens
- look at High and Low key lighting
- look at how to use everyday house lights to good effect in home portraits
- use the mirror panels to experiment with reflections
Gala Theatre and Cinema
whatsonnortheast.com19:05, 22 OctWrap up warm for a spooky trail at Belsay Hall this Halloween! Join Belsay's ghost-hunters on their Spooky Woodland… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
whatsonnortheast.com19:01, 21 OctHalf-term is kicking off at Durham Cathedral with their Go Bats! event. Learn about the bats that live in the cathe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Unable to display Facebook posts.
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.