PREVIEW: Easter holiday fun at Life Science Centre
Posted on March 18th 2019 by Whats on Northeast
Whether you prefer a Mars or a Milky Way, Life Science Centre is a feast for the whole Galaxy this Easter and children go free* until 6 May 2019!
Highlights of what is included with admission:
- It wouldn’t be Easter without chocolate, so enjoy a scrumptious scientific chocolate demonstration that puts your senses to the test!
- Join us for the Big Drop Challenge: you will have a few minutes and an array of materials to create a contraption that will be dropped from a great height. Will it float, spin, tumble or fly?
- Take part in an Easter trail around the science centre to collect a sweet prize.
- Come rain or shine, create your own sun catcher in the Making Space to take home.
- Explore day and night in the planetarium with two shows: learn about our closest star, the Sun, in a special Live Skies show, which takes place every day during Easter at 4.00pm, or discover secrets about the brightest object in the night sky with the show Moonstruck, which runs throughout the day. Younger visitors can also find out how robotic explorers are going where no human has gone before in the planetarium show, Space Robots.
- April is Global Astronomy Month, so explore the lunar surface on the internationally-acclaimed artwork Museum of the Moon. (There’s a lot to explore on this seven-metre-wide masterpiece!)
- Swoop and fly through an unforgiving desert terrain in the ultimate jet-powered race in the brand new 4D Motion Ride**, Ravine Race.
- Enjoy sci-fi geekery galore with the Alien Invasion exhibition, which features 39 original and replica props from film and TV shows.
- Our live Science Theatre show Kitchen Science explores how you can recreate the (seemingly) impossible in your very home
*One child for every paying adult. See life.org.uk for full terms and conditions.
**You must be at least 1.2m tall to ride the 4D Motion Ride.
Life Science Centre prices
Prices valid until 24 May 2019
Day ticket: £11.00
Child aged 5 – 17
Day ticket: FREE*
*One child per one full paying adult. Until 24 May 2019.
Child aged 4 and under
Day ticket: FREE
Maximum of 3 children per paying adult
Concession: OAP, student or unwaged (proof required)
Day ticket: £9.00
For more information, visit: life.org.uk
whatsonnortheast.com19:12, 02 OctThere's still a chance for you to book your seats to see Harry Hill at Tyne Theatre & Opera house. His new show Ped… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
whatsonnortheast.com19:00, 01 OctHard-hitting play 'My Voice Was Heard But It Was Ignored' comes to Gala Theatre Durham on October 7th. Details of h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…