PREVIEW: Tis the season in the Life Science Centre and Times Square!
Posted on November 4th 2019 by Whats on Northeast
9 November 2019 – 5 Jan 2020
Make, investigate and celebrate Christmas at Life with all the family.
Included in your science centre ticket:
- Will you choose a Christmas sparkler or five gold rings of smoke as the grand finale to our Science Theatre show?
- A variety box of festive-themed activities in the Making Studios, including make your own 3D Christmas decorations or code your own Christmas tree light patterns *.
- Investigate the properties of fake snow or make your own ink to write a letter to Santa in the Experiment Zone *.
- Science busking demonstrations will take place around the centre where visitors will be wowed with tinsel tricks and Christmas dinner table pleasers.
- Watch Christmas home videos with a twist in Life’s exciting new Space Zone: the messages were recorded by astronauts as they spent the holidays on the International Space Station!
*These activities are for ages 7+ only.
Extra activities in Times Square (additional costs apply):
- Get your skates on and head to our hugely popular outdoor ice rink. Booking is essential if you would like to skate on Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve as we expect these dates to sell out fast! Go to www.life.org.uk to book.
- Christmas wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Santa’s Grotto in Times Square! Mr Claus will be here every weekend in December, as well as Monday 23 December.
Fancy a skate and a visit to the science centre? Super Saver tickets are available for a cool discount. (Please note: Super Saver tickets are not available to buy online. Tickets can be upgraded to Super Saver tickets when you arrive at Life Science Centre.)
whatsonnortheast.com17:00, 10 JanShipley Art Gallery hosts First Saturdays! An opportunity for creative people to get together, network and find out… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
whatsonnortheast.com19:00, 09 Janthe Laing Art Gallery presents Newcastle in Watercolour. Look into the past and see Newcastle's beautiful heritage.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…